I have been in search lately for a new diaper bag to use for fancier events. My diaper bag works great for everyday use, but when I dress up for different situations, my bag suddenly becomes an eye sore. I settled on the Coco and Kiwi Sydney bag in Buff and want to share my likes and dislikes about the bag.
• The color: I love how it looks grey when wearing blacks and brown when wearing brown hues. This makes it so versatile and classy.
• The inner lining: You can't tell in any of these photos, but the inside is hot pink! I just think that makes it fun. The inside has waterproof lining which is a definite must with a diaper bag.
• The straps options: I love that I have the option of a single long strap or two short. My daily diaper bag only has the long strap option.
• Zip on wet bag: The inside has a zipper that has a wet bag attached. I have never seen this function in a bag and love it! It takes up zero room when not used and is easy to remove when filled.
• The sleek and modern look: enough said
Dislikes and Concerns:
• The interior size: Because the bag is smaller up top, it limits that amount of stuff that can fit in there. It is a great bag for special events, but not necessarily my every day use because I have serious first time mom syndrome and carry everything with me! Today I fit the following items in there:
2 Re-play recycled snack packs
disposable place mat pack
my makeup bag
• No side pouch: I'm torn on this one. On one hand, I love the sleek look without one, but for practical uses, it would be nice to have something to put a water bottle or sippy cup in. I can't really call this a dislike- more like a concern. However, I understand the aesthetic reason for leaving one out.
• The portable changing pad: I just thought it was cheep and flimsy and would rather carry my own.
Despite the few minor issues with the bag, I am in love! I am going to use it as my work bag everyday and transition it to a diaper bag when we go out and I need to look like I still remember what style is!
I would love to hear your feedback on the bag if you purchase one!
p.s I am aware of the dire state of my roots! When I find a 2 hour block of time I will get them fixed... which may be never!
Liked this post? Pin it!
You May Also Like:
I am 25 years old with a 2 year old son and a wicked handsome husband living in Birmingham, Alabama.