1. A bit of nausea and throwing up in the mornings that could be stopped by eating a few crackers before getting out of bed.
2. Craving all kinds of crazy things.
3. Having to watch what I eat to make sure that I gain weight in a healthy manner and not too quickly.
4. Looking super cute because I could hide if I didn't feel well pretty easy seeing as I am wearing cute maternity clothes.
1. Nausea in the morning that wasn't helped by a few crackers as well as nausea all day long. Nausea worse in the evening making cooking dinner or doing any after work activities useless. (I refuse to call first trimester sickness "morning sickness" anymore. Mornings my butt...)
2. Craving NOTHING and being disgusted by all food. MAKE me eat ice cream and toast = torture.
3. Trying to force myself to eat fattening things because I was loosing weight rapidly.
4. Not being able to hide how sick I was in between running to the bathroom to throw up at work and not being able to stand the smell of food to cook my husband dinner. Why wear maternity clothes when my regular clothes were now too baggy?
NOT exactly what I had in mind!
At 12 weeks I ended up in the hospital for dehydration
What I thought would happen:
1. I would sit in a chair or maybe get propped up on a Doctor's table while they give me an IV of fluids.
2. I would leave feeling refreshed and much better.
1. I was admitted to the Triage and Pregnancy Ward of the hospital.
2. I was hooked up to FREEZING cold fluids that made me start shaking from the cold.
3. I was given 3 medicines to help my body take the fluids.
4. I had a bad reaction to medicine #2 that gave me bad muscle spasms.
5. The Benadryl that they gave me made me tell the doctor that "I felt like I was on heroine even though I don't know what heroine feels like"!
6. By the time I left I had to be wheeled to the car and was so groggy that I don't remember the ride home.
If you think you might be getting dehydrated, please go to your doctor earlier that I did to avoid getting dehydrated!!
*Has anything like this ever happened to you?