Well, I may be the only blogger not talking about the big Nordstrom sale coming up. To be honest, I've never been into a Nordstrom... put your jaw back into place.
Instead, I want to talk about lip care for on the go moms/women who don't have 5 minutes to apply lip liner, lip stains, lip stick and pull a Kylie Jenner with a shot glass lip torture routine • some of my students tried it... not pretty #KylieJennerChallengeDisaster
1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9
I personally do not like lip gloss. It is sticky and messy and I don't want my hair caught in my lips as I'm picking up the baby. I also don't want something that dries out my lips or that has to be applied multiple times in a short period of time. And I DO NOT want lip stick all over my baby when i kiss him 1000 times a day.
When I look for lip colors, I want it to moisturize my lips, be easy to apply, and be long lasting. That throws out most lip sticks because they leave marks on Oliver, need a good lip liner job, and tend to dry out my lips. Granted, I'm not a lipstick pro, but that is just more work that I can handle right now.
Here are a few of my favorite brands and quick tricks that help my lips look polished in a short amount of time.
1. For a chap stick with a bit of color, I like the Tinted Burts Bees lip balms. I have tried a lot of tinted lip balms, and the Burts Bees brand is my favorite. You don't need very much to have moistened lips and a tad of color. The really dark colors can go on heavy and leave kiss marks. I prefer the lighter and nude colors for his one.
2. My favorite lip stick is the Stila Lip Balm brand. It goes on smooth but light. It also keeps my lips from drying out. I have never had the color run, need a lip liner, or come off on Oliver.
3. My favorite product is Lip Tints! They are like pretty crayons for your mouth. They hit all of my must have points for a lip color. Mineral Fusion and Clinique both make great lip tints, however I think the best one goes to Cover Girl.
4. One quick trick that I use is eye shadow! If you have a light lip color and want to darkening it quickly for an evening event, just dap a little bit of brown shadow onto your lips and smooth is around. It darkens your lip stick perfectly!
5. For longer lasting color, add a bit of foundation to your lips underneath a tinted lip balm or lip tint. I don't like adding foundation underneath a lip stick because it makes my lips super dry. You want something with some moisturizer to go on top.
All of these products can be applied in the car, on the go, and in seconds. No long drawn out daily routine for this busy mama!
Shop These Products
You May Also Like:
I am 25 years old with a 2 year old son and a wicked handsome husband living in Birmingham, Alabama.