Why: helps keep air moving in the summer meaning less AC needed and adds more dimension to the rooms.
Cost: $60 in paint for both rooms and $7 for the decals in the boy's room
Why: Gives the rooms more personality!
Cost: $250 for materials to build patio + $50 for light canopy + Patio Furniture
Why: Entertaining Space! You can see how Dom built it in this article I wrote that shows his steps.
Cost: $250 for wall materials
Why: We wanted green in front of the house but the cinderblock wall there was so ugly and way too tall. This gave us a small front yard but with a much more put together look!
Furniture: We got our patio set as a gift from Sleek Modern Furniture. We use them for most of our furniture needs and love their selection! Keep your eye out for their 70% off sales they do a few times a year and snag what's in your cart then!
Cost: $50 in stain and sandpaper
Why: The paint was chipping and grungy. A wood oil on the deck boards is a much cleaner look then paint.
Cost: $250 for materials
Why: A place for Dom to put the tools, mower, and his bike in the winters.
Cost: $5 for caulk
Why: Keep water from leaking under the tub and into the basement and keep the mildew smell out.
Cost: $40 for seed and french drain
Why: This side paved area was useless and ugly so growing grass over it gives us green where we just had grey before!
Cost: $100 for carpet and staples
Why: Safer for the kids and nicer to walk on!
Next Year's Goals:
- Do a stone veneer on the front foundation under the porch
- Get the house resided
- Add a shutter to the top window
- Add a second bathroom in the basement
- Add picket fence next to driveway
5 Year Goals:
- Finish the basement (add 1 bedroom, expand the family room, finish the laundry room, and make a new playroom.)
- Repave the driveway
- Cut a sliding glass door to the backyard from the basement
- Re-fense the property
- Build a garage in driveway
15 Year Goals:
- Rework the top floor from 1 bedroom to 2 bedrooms and a bathroom
- Make the two bedrooms on the main floor a master suite!!
Thanks for following along with our house transformation slow as it might be! Hopefully by keeping these updates, we will be able to see how far we have come.