Dom and I love Asparagus! I have been tried lots of different recipes for cooking Asparagus. Here a few that we liked.
*pictures below are not my own. I forgot to take pictures as I was cooking (rookie mistake)! For the recipes and websites that they come from, click on the pictures.
Baked with Parmesan
1. Heat your oven to 400 degrees. lay your asparagus out on a cookie tray side by side. Lightly coat your asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Cook Asparagus for 10 minutes (remove before fully cooked)
3. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over Asparagus (I like it pretty heavily coated but do it to your liking)
4. Return tray to the over for another 3-4 minutes (until fork can be inserted into stem easily).
Steamed (without a steamer)
1. Place a metal colander in a large pot and fill the pot with water. The water should not touch the bottom of the pot when the colander is placed in the pot.
2. Bring the water to a boil.
3. Place the Asparagus in the colander, put water at a simmer, and cover.
3. let cook for 6-8 minutes or until Asparagus can be easily penetrated by a fork.
Roasted with Lemon and Bread Crumbs
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Lay asparagus on baking tray and cover heavily with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Let asparagus cook for 20 -25 minutes, flipping once, until they are golden and crispy
3. While Asparagus is cooking, heat 1/3 cup of olive oil in a skillet.
4. Add 2 cloves of chopped Garlic, 1 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs, stir until crumbs are golden and crispy.
5. Add 2 tsp of lemon zest and 1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley.
6. Pour sauce from skillet over cook asparagus until the stems are coated in sauce and serve.
You May Also Like:
I am 25 years old with a 2 year old son and a wicked handsome husband living in Birmingham, Alabama.