I am not a foodie blogger and will never be the person that can take awesome food picture. It is just something that is not in my wheel house! I do however love food and creating new things. Now that it is getting hot again, it is finally time to start making my favorite sandwich of all time! I will be eating this at least one meal a day for the next 2 months!
I call this sandwich a LT-Bruschetta because it is the best combination of both a BLT (LT because I leave off the B in Bacon) and an Italian slice of Bruschetta.
2 Slices of Bread (Toasted)
1/2 cup of lettuce
1/2 cup of Shredded or Fresh Mozzarella (the finer the shredded cheese the better in my opinion)
1. Toast the Bread
2. Thinly slice the tomato and Cut off some slivers of Lettuce
3. Spread Ranch Dressing on one side of both slices of bread
3. Assemble in this order- half of the mozzarella, tomato slices, sprinkles of olive oil, pepper, lettuce, the other half of the mozzarella, and your top of bread.
4. Stuff You Face
- You can substitute the ranch dressing for Mayo or Italian Dressing.
- You can also substitute the mozzarella for Feta or Blue Cheese Crumbles.
-Basil Leaves, Spinach, and Bacon all taste good added in or substituted for other things.
p.s. It tastes MUCH better than this picture looks. I can not take a good food picture to save my life! How do you people make food so photogenic?!
You Might Also Like:
I am 25 years old with a 2 year old son and a wicked handsome husband living in Birmingham, Alabama.