I am aware that I haven't been varying my post these days. I want to write more about the Air Force, but we are at a bit of a stand still with the job drops. I know that there will be plenty of things to write about when we start moving towards basic training.
For right now, I need to write about the thing that is consuming my life and that is wedding planning! It is crazy to think that in 17 days Domenic and I will be married! As much as I am worried about all of the detail, I just want to be his wife. If everything goes wrong but we still end up married, I will be just fine.
With that being said, I really am almost done with all of the planning! Here is what I have been up to this week.
1. I bought my wedding dress and had my first fitting! Here is the post about my dress buying experience- What I didn't know about wedding dress shopping.
2. I have been slowly buying things for my center pieces. I bought these cute birch tree candle holders the other day from an Etsy store. I am still waiting for them to come in the mail. I also bought some tin pails to hold flowers and some mason jars for flowers or candles. I am thinking about getting some wooden slabs to place things on in order change the elevation of the centerpieces.
3. We have been able to get into our new house to start moving things in and doing so work on the house. Dom cleaned out the shed and did lots of yard work while I painted the front of the house! Here are some before and after shots of the front.
4. Most of my bridesmaids have their dresses. I am doing navy blue dresses (coral for the maid of honor-possibly) but I told my bridesmaids to order whatever style dress they like. As long as it is not satin and isn't a long dress I will be happy! Here are some of the ones that we have all been looking at. I won't tell what ones my bridesmaids picked, but here is the styles that we were going for.
5. Domenic has taken care of most of his jobs. He booked the hotels, made a wedding playlist (still to be approved... could be scary!), ordered groomsman's gifts (lets be honest... I did this one for him), bought ties for his wedding party, and got his suite. I got to see him in his suite and he looked so handsome!!
6. I got lots of little details done as well. I ordered flowers, ordered our wedding favors, booked a hair appointment, bought my wedding jewelry, and ordered Dom and I's wedding bands!
1. Get engagement picture prints
2. Get guest book (my mom is on that one for me!)
3. Finish Centerpieces
4. Write my vows!!
You May Also Like:
I am 25 years old with a 2 year old son and a wicked handsome husband living in Birmingham, Alabama.